Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Scarborough Town Centre Sketches

This mall recently finished its major renovations, and the result is plenty of new comfy seating for people to loiter upon. I can situate myself under the escalator and look out at a changing sea of faces and poses. Still feeling tentative. Towards the end of my session I was working on scribbling down impressions fast and loose, then going in and picking out details and expression. With that approach I was beginning to feel more comfortable.


The one girl was about 4'5", wearing a puffy blouse that made her even rounder than she naturally was. What first caught my attention was how huge the Starbucks cup looked the way she was holding it beside her face. I didn't really catch that right. She was standing too close to me to observe her without it being an overt stare.

No comments:

Post a Comment